We are delighted to present you with the 1st edition of “The VISAGE Course”, which will take place from September 30 to October 2, 2016 in the city of Nice on the French Riviera.
Organized in association with the University of Medicine of Nice & Sophia-Antipolis, VISAGE will offer a unique model of a large scale European Academic event dedicated to teaching and training in the special field of the aesthetic medicine of the face.
Under the direction of Dr. Philippe Kestemont, Pr. Laurent Castillo and Pr. Patrick Baqué, VISAGE will introduce the latest and most efficient techniques in facial aesthetics through an extensive practical program & hands-on training.
Why attend the VISAGE Course?
- Gain high quality training
- Attend various module classes over two days
- Partake in special anatomy courses (limited access)
- Receive a UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE OF HIGHER EDUCATION in Anatomy and Injection Techniques applied to the Aesthetic Medicine of the Face.
The event will take place in two locations concurrently: Acropolis Nice Congress Centre
(Exhibition and conferences) and IUFC-University of Medicine (Anatomy dissections and live injections) and will gather no more than 450 delegates.
Our mission is to base all our teachings on evidence-based applications, safe practices and methodical guidelines to ensure an ethical and accurate representation of the aesthetic medical specialty.
VISAGE.SCIENCE is a postgraduate training program in Aesthetic medicine, which combines Workshops, masterclass, anatomy laboratory sessions and hands-on tutorials in a clinical setting. The emphasis will be on practical knowledge and skills as well as sound knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the superficial structures of the face.
The course will also provide medical practitioners with maximum exposure to the scientific, clinical and industry information necessary to introduce non-invasive aesthetic procedures into their practice.
Participants will have the opportunity to receive individualised hands-on training in minimally invasive aesthetic procedures. An essential part of the program is taught in a clinic and at the school of medicine to provide the candidate with the ideal setting to observe, understand and demonstrate the clinical skills required for the administration of aesthetic procedures.
All workshops, masterclass, lectures, and tutorial sessions will include:
✓ Live Demonstrations
✓ Diagnostic Tools
✓ Mechanisms of action
✓ Adverse Effects
✓ Guidelines for conducting an aesthetic consultation pharmacology
✓ Guidelines for conducting an aesthetic treatment plan
✓ Understanding patients
Who should attend the Visage Course?
The program content was developed specifically for medical doctors and practitioners who wish to understand the science, research and skills underlying the aesthetic medical specialty.
The 2-day VISAGE conference program with anatomy dissection sessions and hands-on injection workshops are reserved only for "Fully licensed medical doctors" and "Physicians in course of internship".
Each lecturer and tutor has been carefully selected for his or her expertise in the field of non-invasive aesthetic procedures or specific anatomy of the Face.
Requirements for obtaining a Fellowship Certificate
The candidate must attend
• 6 Eessentials Workshops (EWS)
• 1 Anatomy session
• 1 Hands on clinical session
And Pass the evaluation tests
Upon completion of this academic program and certification the participants will:
• Have a thorough understanding of special facial anatomy
• Understand the volumetric changes that occur with facial aging, including skeletal changes, muscular changes, dermal changes, and subcutaneous tissue changes and how these changes produce the appearance of facial aging for all cultures and both genders
• Analyze the “best practice” standards for injection techniques for the treatment of frown lines, brow furrows, brow elevation, crow’s feet, bunny lines, lip lines, nasolabial folds, marionette folds, aging jawline, and aging neck
• Participate in an interactive session with leading experts performing live botulinum toxin Injections for aesthetic enhancement demonstrating all of the known applications
• Understand facial revolumizing to achieve a natural and youthful appearance
• Understand the properties of the various facial fillers including autologous fat, cell augmented fat, the various collagens (zyderm, zyplast, Cosmoderm, Cosmoplast, Evolence), the various hyaluronans (Restylane, Perlane, juvederm, Prevelle, Hydrelle), poly-L-Lactic acid (Sculptra), calcium hydroxyl appetite (Radiesse), and silicone.
• Learn how to choose the appropriate filler for individual aesthetic corrections
• Learn how to use PRP treatments
• Learn the “best practice” injection techniques, products, and volumes for the aesthetic correction of global volume loss, temporal hollows, brows, tear troughs, cheeks, nasolabial folds, lips, jowls, prejowl depressions, jaw lines, and nasal deformities
• Participate in an interactive session with leading experts performing live facial fillers for facial aesthetic enhancements
• Review the potential adverse events associated with the aesthetic use of both botulinum toxins and facial fillers and effective methods to avoid and treat these complications
• Develop understanding of the pharmacology of the various Botulinum Toxins
• Be proficient in conducting an aesthetic consultation for patients considering Botulinum Toxin. This includes understanding patient expectations, predicting clinical outcomes, and effectively communicating this to patients. It also includes proven strategies for conducting successful consultations where patients are comfortable with Botulinum Toxin treatments and the risks and benefits.
The Scientific and Organizing Committee